Community News

Mark Hamasakiʻs new book Ē Luku Wale Ē.

WCC professor releases new book

Nearly 20 years after one of Hawaiʻi’s largest and most controversial projects of its time opened, WCC art professor and humanities chair Mark Hamasaki and co-author Kapulani Landgraf released their new book, Ē Luku Wale Ē, this month documenting through photographs the final stages of construction of the H-3 freeway. […]

· Campus News, Community News, Featured
Image by Katherine Noborikaka

How to succeed at the 365 day challenge

This is the year you’re finally going to do it: lose a few pounds, meet The One, pay off your credit card balance, be a better friend. Whatever your goal is, right now you’re probably feeling motivated and determined to stay on course. But the sad truth is, the vast […]

· Community News, News Of The Day
Students at Castle High School use their phones as they wait for class – Courtesy of Esther Higa

Meet Generation Z: The Digital Natives

Technology like iPods and MySpace were introduced to millennials during their teenage years. But Generation Z was born with a digital footprint and soon labeled screen addicts with eight second attention spans. Generation Z (or the Digital Natives) is the group of people after Generation Y (commonly known as the […]

· Community News, Featured, News Of The Day
The ‘Ukulele Picnic is a popular event that draws a large crowd to enjoy the entertainment – Courtesy of Crystal Yamasaki

International picnic to celebrate Hawai‘i’s beloved instrument

The 8th annual ‘Ukulele Picnic in Hawai‘i runs February 12 – 14 in Honolulu. The festivities celebrate Hawai‘i’s most beloved instrument, the ‘ukulele, and include a full schedule of events. Performers from Hawai‘i such as Herb Ohta, Raiatea Helm, Hema Pa‘a (Chris Kamaka & William Baba Alimoto), Herb Ohta Jr., […]

· Community News
From the Hōkūlani Imaginarium to the solar systems and beyond

From the Hōkūlani Imaginarium to the solar systems and beyond

There are many reasons to visit the Hōkūlani Imaginarium, but its new spring schedule seals the deal. From February through June, the Imaginarium offers three fun adventures that are out of this planet. The first one, Ancient Skies, explores the hidden gems of mankind’s oldest monuments. The second show, Voyages […]

AgCurious recruits new farmers

AgCurious recruits new farmers

Do you have what it takes to be a farmer? On Nov. 12, WCC hosted an AgCurious event featuring expert farmers and GoFarm Hawai’i professionals to teach those interested in becoming farmers about how to get started in the industry. The GoFarm Hawai’i program is partnered with Hawaiʻi Department of […]

· Community News, Featured
Guest speaker Godwin Severa and professor Leticia Colmenares at the chemistry forum on Nov. 19 – Debbra Baetz

Expert speaks about air pollution

Pollutants are emitted into the air every minute of the day and can be detrimental to our health. A chemistry forum on “Chemical Approaches to Air Pollution Mitigation” took place Nov. 19 at Hale ‘Imiloa and featured speaker Godwin Severa, who has a doctorate in chemistry and a masters in […]

· Campus News, Community News